64 households and 9 companies and hospital departments donated items at Canford Heath Win on Waste on Saturday 12 May at the Coffee House Cafe. The top three items were newspapers/junk mail/magazines, Tassimo coffee discs and milk bottle tops, a total of 48 carrier bags. With these and other items, 11 good causes are benefitting.
We had another good turnout at Canford Heath Win on Waste held at Canford Heath Library with items received from 95 households including a large amount from Canford Heath Scouts. 25 bags were plastic items and altogether the waste will be going to help 9 good causes.
Please take any of the following items to Canford Heath Win on Waste (Canford Heath Library 10-11am) or to Creekmoor Library 11.30am-12.30pm on Saturday 14th April and help good causes.
- Aluminium foil—any clean foil (Poole Methodists)
- Aluminium drink cans, (please empty and crush if possible) (Poole Methodists)
- Ring pulls from drinks cans (Purple Community Fund)
- Corks (Dorset Scrapstore)
- Any empty beauty product items e.g. moisturisers, roll-on deodorants, facial wipe packets (Ideas2Action)
- Dried up/broken biros, felt tips, highlighters, board markers, mechanical pencils or empty Tippex bottles (Ellie’s Fund—research into brain tumours)
- All brands and sizes of air freshener packaging – (plastic bits) and cartridges (Ideas2Action)
- Tassimo coffee discs & packaging (Poole Hospital Scanner Appeal)
- Milk bottle tops (Gift of Sight)
- Biscuit wrappers –any make of sweet or savoury (no cakes or chocolate bars please) (Ideas2Action)
- Stamps (Naomi House)
- Cleaning product items e.g. disinfectant wipe packets, personal wipe packets, washing up liquid tops, trigger heads, pumps (Ideas2Action)
- Tobacco pouches, silver paper and cellophane from cigarette packets
Donations were received from 68 people at Canford Heath Win on Waste on Saturday 17 March including 41 bags of plastic. 12 good causes will benefit from all the items. As the Coffee House Cafe is closing at Easter it was also a sad occasion as we have used the Cafe for Win on Waste sessions ever since we ran the first one in 2014. Hayley and Simon and cafe staff have looked after us so well and we wish them all the best for the future. Next month Canford Heath Library have kindly agreed to host us.
Three opportunities for you to take your waste to a Win on Waste this Saturday and help good causes: Canford Heath 10-11am Coffee House Cafe, Adastral Square, Creekmoor 11.30-12.30 Creekmoor Library or Oakdale – Oakdale Library 10.30-12.
Donations received at Canford Heath Win on Waste on Saturday 10 February at the Coffee House Cafe will be helping 12 good causes Top item for donation was 42 bags of newspapers/junk mail. Altogether there were 16.5 bags of plastic which would have ended up in the bin.
A total of 96 people donated items which will help 10 good causes at Canford Heath Win on Waste on Saturday 13 January at the Coffee House Cafe. Top items were 36 bags of newspapers/magazines/junk mail and 36 of general plastic waste. A brilliant start to 2018.
We received donations from 66 people at our Win on Waste session held at Canford Heath Library on 11 November. In addition, 10 Poole Hospital Departments donated items such a milk bottle tops. Donations of newspapers topped the list with 29 bags going to support the Dorset Community Foundation.
We received donations from 89 people at Canford Heath Win on Waste on Saturday 14 October. Particular thanks to Canford Heath Scouts for all their donations. All items are helping 10 good causes. Bags of Newspapers/magazines/junk mail were top of the list – all 24 of them! Second place went to milk bottle tops with 14 bags.
This photo proves that all ages can get involved in Win on Waste sessions and the second one shows just how many ‘mountains’ of bags we collected.
We received donations from 59 people at Canford Heath Win on Waste on Saturday 9 September. Thanks to them 11 good causes are benefitting. The top item to be donated was newspapers – 25 carrier bags of them which will help the fundraising efforts of Dorset Community Foundation.