25 households donated items at Corfe Mullen Win on Waste on 13 October at Corfe Mullen Library. Eight good causes will benefit from receiving them including Naomi House which will receive a large carrier bag of stamps.
There are four sessions for you to attend:
Ashley Road 10.30-12 at the Co-op in Parkstone
Merley 10.30-11.30 at the Lantern Church, 2 Chichester Walk, Merley
Oakdale 10.30-12 at Oakdale Library
Southbourne 10.30-12 at Southbourne Library
A fantastic amount of waste was donated at Creekmoor Win on Waste on 13 October at Creekmoor Library by 68 households. This included 14 bags of coffee waste and 40 bags of newspapers/junk mail and magazines. All items will be benefitting 14 good causes.
Another bumper Canford Heath Win on Waste session with items of waste donated now helping 11 good causes. These include Gift of Sight, Poole Methodists Redevelopment, Poole Hospital, Dorset Community Foundation, Purple Community Fund, Research into Brain Tumours, Naomi House, Ashley’s Birthday Bank, Dorset Scrapstore, Routes to Roots and ourselves! Picture shows some of the items but there are lots of bags on the floor too!
Canford Heath (10-11 am Coffee House Cafe, Adastral Square)
Corfe Mullen (10.30-12 at Corfe Mullen Library)
Creekmoor (11.30-12.30 Creekmoor Library)
Please note that Ashley Road Win on Waste has changed to 20 October.
Well done to Wimborne Win on Waste for collecting 35 carrier bags of waste from 72 households on Saturday 6 October at Wimborne Library. 15 good causes will benefit from receiving the items.
Another amazing amount of waste donated by 153 households was received at Broadstone Win on Waste at Broadstone Library on Saturday 6 October. 12 good causes will be benefitting from the items.
The donations received at Parkstone Win on Waste on Saturday 29 September are now helping 9 good causes. We are hoping to start the Parkstone sessions on a more regular basis shortly.
It’s Recycle Week from 24-30 September and we have three Win on Waste sessions you can attend on Saturday 29 September:
Kinson, Kinson Library 10.30-11.30am
Parkstone, Parkstone Library 10.30am-12noon
Westbourne, Westbourne Library 10-11am
Bring any of the following items with you:
- Tassimo coffee discs & packaging + Kenco coffee jar lids, L’OR coffee pods and Kenco refill packets (Poole Hospital Scanner Appeal)
- Corks (Dorset Scrapstore)
- Aluminium foil (Poole Methodists)
- Ring pulls from drinks cans (Purple Community Fund)
- All empty packaging of any make of beauty products including roll on deodorants and facial wipe packets (Ideas2Action)
- Stamps (Naomi House Hospice)
- Milk bottle tops (Gift of Sight)
- Biscuit and cake wrappers (Ideas2Action)
- Dried up ballpoint pens, felt tips, highlighters, board markers, mechanical pencils, permanent markers, bingo pens, correction tape containers or empty Tippex bottles (research into childhood brain tumours)
- Cleaning product items: pumps, sprays, disinfectant wipe packets+ personal wipe packets (e.g. Andrex) and washing up liquid tops (Ideas2Action)
- Unwanted keys/padlocks
- Printer ink cartridges