We had another good turnout at Canford Heath Win on Waste held at Canford Heath Library with items received from 95 households including a large amount from Canford Heath Scouts. 25 bags were plastic items and altogether the waste will be going to help 9 good causes.
Waste items were received from 58 households at our Creekmoor Win on Waste on Saturday 14 April held at Creekmoor Library. 11 good causes are benefitting from the items which included 12.5 bags of plastic items.
45 people donated items at Wimborne Win on Waste on Saturday 7 April at Wimborne Library. 17 carrier bags contained plastic items and altogether the donations will be helping 15 good causes.
Please take any of the following items to Canford Heath Win on Waste (Canford Heath Library 10-11am) or to Creekmoor Library 11.30am-12.30pm on Saturday 14th April and help good causes.
- Aluminium foil—any clean foil (Poole Methodists)
- Aluminium drink cans, (please empty and crush if possible) (Poole Methodists)
- Ring pulls from drinks cans (Purple Community Fund)
- Corks (Dorset Scrapstore)
- Any empty beauty product items e.g. moisturisers, roll-on deodorants, facial wipe packets (Ideas2Action)
- Dried up/broken biros, felt tips, highlighters, board markers, mechanical pencils or empty Tippex bottles (Ellie’s Fund—research into brain tumours)
- All brands and sizes of air freshener packaging – (plastic bits) and cartridges (Ideas2Action)
- Tassimo coffee discs & packaging (Poole Hospital Scanner Appeal)
- Milk bottle tops (Gift of Sight)
- Biscuit wrappers –any make of sweet or savoury (no cakes or chocolate bars please) (Ideas2Action)
- Stamps (Naomi House)
- Cleaning product items e.g. disinfectant wipe packets, personal wipe packets, washing up liquid tops, trigger heads, pumps (Ideas2Action)
- Tobacco pouches, silver paper and cellophane from cigarette packets
It was a record-breaking Saturday for Broadstone Win on Waste held in Broadstone Library on Saturday 7 April. 192 households donated on the day, or in advance, 72 carrier bags of waste to help 13 good causes. 60 bags contained plastic. It was a very busy session with people queuing to donate! Photo shows some of the bags.
Kinson Library is inviting local people to bring in items from their waste during the week leading up to Earth Day on 21st April. All the items mentioned in the poster will be passed on to help good causes.
Westbourne Win on Waste held at Westborne Library on 24 March received donations from 53 people helping 9 good causes. Included in this figure were 8.5 bags of plastic items.
The equivalent of 42 carrier bags of Tassimo coffee discs which had been donated at Win on Waste sessions in March were collected by Point2Point Transport from Verwood. The discs will be recycled by Terracycle and money raised by the points awarded will go to the Poole Hospital Scanner Appeal.
Donations were received from 43 people at Oakdale Win on Waste on Saturday 17 March at Oakdale Library helping seven good causes. These included 7 bags of aluminium which will go to Poole Methodists to help with their renovation of the Spire.