6 Broadstone (Broadstone Library 10-11am)
6 Wimborne (Wimborne Library 10.30am-12noon)
6 Hamworthy (Hamworthy Library 11-12)
6 Livability Holton Lee (Holton Lee, Holton Heath 10.30am-12.30pm)
13 Canford Heath (Coffee House Café 10-11am)
13 Creekmoor (Creekmoor Library 11.30am-12.30pm)
20 Oakdale (Oakdale Library 10.30am-12noon)
25 Turlin Moor (St Gabriel’s Church 9am-12noon)
27 Westbourne (Westbourne Library 10-11am)
27 West Howe (Henry Brown Youth Centre 2-4pm)
December dates for Win on Waste
2nd Livability Holton Lee, Holton Lee, Holton Heath (10am-2pm) –
Donate: sweet biscuit wrappers, Tassimo coffee discs and packaging, dried up biros/felt tips/highlighters/board markers, Tippex, milk bottle tops, cleaning items (disinfectant wipe packets, washing up liquid tops, pumps and trigger heads).
2nd Broadstone (Broadstone Library 10-11am)
9th Canford Heath (Coffee House Café 10-11am)
9th Creekmoor (Creekmoor Library 11.30am-12.30pm)
Donate any of the following at the three Win on Waste sessions above:
- Unwanted Christmas decorations (Dorset Scrapstore)
- Ring pulls from drinks cans (Purple Community Fund)
- Any empty Garnier beauty product items (Ideas2Action)
- Empty/broken pens, biros, felt tips, highlighters, board markers, mechanical pencils or empty Tippex bottles (Research into Brain Tumours)
- All brands and sizes of air freshener packaging – (plastic bits) and cartridges (Ideas2Action)
- Aerosol deodorant cans (Ideas2Action)
- Tassimo coffee discs & packaging (Poole Hospital Scanner Appeal)
- Milk bottle tops (Gift of Sight)
- Biscuit wrappers (Ideas2Action)
- Newspapers/magazines/junk mail (Dorset Community Foundation)
- Stamps (Forest Holme Hospice)
- Cleaning product items (Ideas2Action)
- Tobacco pouches and silver paper and cellophane from cigarette packets (for general recycling by Terracycle)
Turnout may have been small at Oakdale Win on Waste on Saturday 18 November at Oakdale Library, but four carrier bags of milk bottle tops will be helping to raise funds for Gift of Sight. Five other good causes are also benefitting from donations.
We received donations from 33 people at November’s Win on Waste session in Creekmoor Library on Saturday 11th. Top donation this month was 21 bags of newspapers/magazines and junk mail. All donations have helped 8 good causes.
We received donations from 66 people at our Win on Waste session held at Canford Heath Library on 11 November. In addition, 10 Poole Hospital Departments donated items such a milk bottle tops. Donations of newspapers topped the list with 29 bags going to support the Dorset Community Foundation.
Over the past few weeks we have been saving aerosol deodorant cans and these have been kindly stored for us at Rossmore Leisure Centre. The good news is the oil drum is now full, so a big thanks to all our Win on Waste donors and users of the Leisure Centre for all their used cans. Photo shows the dedication of three Leisure Centre staff as they stand in the rain in the dark to show off the full drum for our photo!
Broadstone had another great session on 4 November at Broadstone Library with donations received from 72 people. 12 good causes have benefited from the items which included 42 carrier bags of milk bottle tops!
Win on Waste sessions take place during November on the following Saturdays:
Broadstone 4th Broadstone Library 10-11am
Canford Heath 11th Canford Heath Library 10-11amm
Creekmoor 11th Creekmoor Library 11.30am-12.30pm
Oakdale 18th Oakdale Library 10.30am-12noon
Westbourne 25th Westbourne Library 10-11am
West Howe 25th Henry Brown Youth Centre 2-4pm
31 people donated items at Westbourne Win on Waste at Westbourne Library on Saturday 28 October and their donations have helped 7 good causes.
Nick and Janet show off some of them.
Donations were received from 27 people at the second Oakdale Win on Waste session on 21 October at Oakdale Library. Items included milk bottle tops, ring pulls and biscuit wrappers. All items will go to help 7 good causes.